Emergency Water Relief Ethiopia
The Water Crisis Situation: In the region of Ethiopia where we work, children and families are struggling to survive due to a growing water shortage.
- Three consecutive failed rainy seasons have culminated in this crisis, and right now, over 450,000 people and 460,000 livestock in our immediate area are at high risk.
- Across the Horn of Africa, it is estimated that 6.8 million people are in need of urgent water and food aid.
- Food security is deteriorating rapidly, and there is an increase in malnutrition due to failed crops.
- The lack of clean drinking water is forcing people to drink contaminated water, putting them at risk for various diseases, including diarrhea, which is a major cause of death among children under the age of five.
- Children are not going to school because they must collect water.
GOAL: RAISE $43,000 FOR EMERGENCY WATER AID AND PROJECT NEEDS IN ETHIOPIA
Challenge: A generous donor has provided $21,500 to help meet this urgent need, and has put forth a CHALLENGE to PATH supporters to MATCH THEIR GIFT, and reach our goal of raising $43,000 to meet these urgent needs.
Our Response: We are mobilizing quickly to bring life-saving water to the hardest-hit areas.
- We are partnering with ten schools to install one 10,000 liter water reservoir at each school.
- Each reservoir will be equipped with a rain water collection system for future sustainability.
- With more than 500 children attending each school, over 5,000 children will be provided with clean, safe drinking water.
- Note: Because the water table is so low and other geographic challenges, drilling wells is not an option in the communities we are seeking to help.
We need your help! Would you give a special, one-time gift to bring emergency water relief to children in Ethiopia?
We wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered, attended and hosted the various fundraising events for PATH this fall. It has been a packed few weeks, but we feel incredibly blessed...
This year marks the 20th anniversary of ministry for PATH International! And this month, we are thrilled to share that PATH founder, Bob Higgins, has released his book telling the story of how it...
We recently traveled to Boke Woreda, a region a few hours from Chiro, to distribute some scholastic materials to a few schools. This area is extremely poor and many of the children either do not...